Friday, July 25, 2008

ROAR

Today is Friday. That means we meet Daddy for lunch. Chick-Fil-A was the designated meeting place today and the boys were pumped because they love the play area. Of course, Isaac won't eat CFA chicken so I had to stop by Wendy's to get him chicken from there. You can lecture me on healthy eating habits later. (I'll pretend to listen--deal?)

Anyway, on the way out, I go get the boys from the play area. I now let them go in there alone, despite my fear of kidnappers and molesters, because I make them repeat this to me "Brothers are a TEAM!" before they go in. Today, brothers were a team of fear and intimidation. I come to get them and a little girl says to me, "Those boys made a kid cry." Not my boys. Right? Wrong. Here's the story as told to me by Luke.
"The other kids weren't listening to my orders. I was the king of the T-Rex castle and Isaac was my guard. If any of the kids tried to come up to our spot, Isaac roared at them and told them to leave. If they didn't listen to him, I would come help him get them out."

Yep. I was that mom today. The one the other moms were all looking at when I left because my boys had made their kids cry. As angry as I was, and believe me, they got a punishment of no TV or movies & no allowance for today, I did kind of smile when I heard they were working as a team.


8 comments:

KJ Druyvesteyn said...

That's right....there is no "I" in team. Nice work, boys.

Leesa said...

Sing it with me now ... "What's going to work? TEAMWORK!"

Oursler boys, Oursler boys,
we're on our way
to roar at other children
who've come to play...

Sorry -- one too many episodes of Wonderpets has been viewed around here.

Sarah said...

Leesa, you're funny. Do you want to come to the party tonight? :c) It's only about a 5 hour drive if you don't make stops.

Leesa said...

I'd sooo love to come to the party!! Alas, my very pregnant self does not tolerate a lengthy drive around town well, let alone a 5 hour drive. I'll be with you all in spirit. Can't wait for the posts about the shindig!

Kathryn said...

this makes me smile...teamwork baby!

Jennifer said...

I also have a tendancy to roar at those who are not listening to my orders!

I LOVE this story.

pink is the new black said...

hey, Leesa is in as a blog buddy because she made a new song out of WonderPets...which we LOVE in our house...thought they were weird at first but now find them incredibly sweet and can sing the whole song.

Janet said...

Evidently the CFA playground can be a rough place. In fact Jennifer & Karsen have a story about two brothers who weren't acting like a team... She can tell you the details.