Thursday, July 10, 2008

I LOVE CVS

My friend Amanda told me about this great website called http://www.moneysavingmom.com/ YOU HAVE TO CHECK IT OUT!!! It is (ahem) BETTER than the Grocery Game. I know, I know. I was a little fearful that I'd be struck by lightning for saying that but it is true. My sister will probably disown me and Jennifer's sister will hunt me down and hurt me with her cross-stitch needle (http://www.theblogginogden.blogspot.com/) but I don't care.



Here's the lowdown. This lady gives you the exact BEST deal with coupons and sales down to the number of coupons to use and where to print off different ones online for CVS, Kroger, Wal-Mart, Target, and other places we don't have in Texas. The reason I say I LOVE CVS is because they will not only give you great deals with coupons and sales, those crazy CVS people also give you money back. My brother-in-law is in love with this place too (http://sarahupchurch.blogspot.com/2008/05/jeremy-is-almost-30and-sadlyso-am-i.html



For instance, today, again thanks to Amanda, I was tipped off on a great deal involving Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara. Regularly $8.49, on sale for B1G1 (that's coupon lingo for Buy One Get One Free) and then in the Proctor & Gamble coupons that came in Sunday's paper there was a B1G1 coupon and so, that's right, I purchased 4 tubes of mascara for $0 today! HOORAY!!



I LOVE CVS.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

I think I can here Terri (GG inventor) crying.

KJ Druyvesteyn said...

I'm confused. I mean, no, I'm not a math teacher....but if you have BUY one get one....how did you get 4 without ever BUYING one. I'm just a blonde so I need some help. This may keep me up all night trying to figure this one out...

Rebekah said...

I know, it confused me. Amanda explained it this way:

CVS gives me one free due to their sale. Then, when I use my coupon, CVS gets reimbursed from the manufacturer for the coupon price so the one I have to "buy" is the one they get reimbursed for and I am out $0. Confusing but great. Now I know to use those B1G1 coupons at CVS in conjuction with their sale.

Jennifer said...

I might actually get into something like this! I've been hesitant before because who cares if I can save 15 cents on string cheese? I'd have to drive all the way to Kroger to do it, plus cut out and carry the coupon with me and remember to give it to the check out lady after fighting with Griffin about not throwing his Goldfish crackers on the floor and with Karsen who NEEDS to have a new Hannah Montana cereal bowl for $8 at Kroger when we don't even really like string cheese. But mascara! I like mascara!

Rebekah said...

Who DOESN'T need a new Hannah Montana bowl? It's the best of both worlds!

Free mascara is great.

Janet said...

Rebekah! My cross-stich needle might be getting ready for a hunt if you were trashing the whole concept like some others, but since you are attempting to better our savings skills you're safe.

BTW is that sale still going???

Rebekah said...

Janet--welcome! Yes, the sale is still on through tomorrow so set your needle down and shimmy on over to CVS!