Thursday, April 3, 2008

A Quiet Home is a Happy Home

My favorite time of the day is when all three of the kids are napping. It is so quiet in the house. You can hear the wind blowing and the birds singing outside but no yelling, crying, or banging around inside. There is no one asking you to put on another TiVoed Backyardigans or begging to play Clifford on the computer. No one is sneaking into the pantry to get Easter candy from a shelf I thought was too tall for them to reach and knocking over the chair they used to sneak into the pantry.

I actually took advantage of the napping tri-fecta today and took a nap myself. This is quite the indulgence and I usually try to hide this fact from my hard working math man husband but not today. The nap was GREAT. I let my oldest take a nap in my bed and I quietly laid down after he was asleep. About 10 minutes in I fell alseep only to be awakened by my friend calling to tell me about the great deals she got at Baby Gap today. I held my hands over my son's ears as the answering machine recorded her voice and he stayed asleep. Golden. I fell back to sleep and woke up an hour later to the recorded voice of another friend callling to ask where I got my outside toy box. I looked over and Luke was still sawing logs but I realized that Mommy needs to get up and out of bed before I sleep the day away and by sleep the day away I mean it's time for my afternoon Diet Coke and some Easter candy that is not up too high on a shelf.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Yay, you are blogging!!! I'll add you to my favorites and start stalking you. :)

Julie said...

ha ha ha ha ha....OK, so TURN DOWN YOUR ANSWERING MACHINE!!! LOL
You are a champion for actually getting a nap.