Monday, April 14, 2008

Promoted to Glory

My grandma passed away this morning. She was 78. She had been battling cervical cancer for 10 years. Sarah and I went up to St. Louis to tell her goodbye this weekend and returned on Sunday afternoon. My mom is still up there and the rest of us will be flying out tomorrow for the funeral.Here's the deal. When my grandma was a child she asked Jesus to come into her heart. That means that she believed that Jesus was God's Son, that he came to die on the cross for our sins, and that he died but rose again. I know that all sounds miraculous and some may doubt, but I believe this and believe just as the Bible says that "For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16. Because of this reason I rejoice in her passing today knowing that she did believe in Jesus, not just believe in Him like you think He lived and that He was a good person, but truly believe and trust Him to lead you along in life and that given the choice, He chose to DIE for you so that you could live forever with Him in Heaven. Too many times I let my faith stand by the side when talking with friends because I don't want to offend, but dammit, I'm offending today and telling you, believe it or not, the only way to get to Heaven is to ask Jesus to be your Lord and let Him lead your life.I am crying as I type this knowing that some may not believe in the words I am typing and I fault myself for not sharing my faith with you personally and intently over these last 15 years. I love you all dearly. My grandma would want me to share this with you today. She is a wonderful woman smiling down from Heaven walking by Jesus' side and singing "Holy Holy Holy is the Lord God Almighty."

2 comments:

Julie said...

I love this. You go girl. My favorite part is the title "promoted to glory." love it.

pink is the new black said...

good job friend...I'm so there with you on that one...I don't share my faith and "1st true Love" like I should...good job for sure friend...we're singing with your sweet grandma for sure!