Saturday, May 17, 2008

Regular Clothes Where Art Thou?

OK, it's been 5 months since I had my darling Mary. I am still wearing maternity clothes. Shouldn't I be back in my size 5's by now? (for those of you laughing, I'll kick you in the shin when I see you next) I realize that with each pregnancy your body stretches out more and your organs move around but for real, this much? I know you can't compare with your friends but I know for a fact that my friend Noelle was back in her size 6 clothes one week after having Ella. Now before you all start posting "Oh Rebekah, you look fine" let's truly analyze the situation.

1. I weigh more today than I did after I had the baby. I attribute this to my continuing to eat as though I was pregnant even though I wasn't and the "you need more calories when you are nursing" thing they tell you. I'm guessing you don't need an extra person's worth of calories--am I right?

2. I still prefer maternity clothes to regular clothes. I blame this on the clothing makers. They have made maternity clothes trendy and cute--not hideous tents like before. I can actually wear my maternity capris and jeans and they look like regular clothes--as long as you don't look at the waistband. Lucky for me, I can't tuck a shirt in to save my life so the waistband is always covered.

3. My maternity clothes are cuter than my regular clothes. Ask my sister---she'll be blunt and tell you. My regular clothes suck. I look more in-style when I am pregnant than when I am not. So, I look at my closet and the cutest things to wear all have tags in them that read, "Duo" or "Motherhood" or "Liz Lange".

4. My top half is obscenely large. I think boobs are gross anyway and then to have them big is even more gross. I can't get a top to fit me for anything. Thank goodness the flowy shirts are still in style or else I'd be in a cut off muu muu.

It was all worth it though--Mary is wonderful and I would gladly gain double the weight to have her.

OK, there is my rant on my body. I started Weight Watchers last week and lost 5.4 pounds. I am on my way back--watch out regular clothes, here I come!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Good job, Bek...We just don't have elastic bodies like the cute girls. We have stretch-mom bodies. It'll all work out. WE'VE got a big event to work towards in August!!!

Leesa said...

Just remember, for most of us it's 9 months up, 9 months down. I've heard great things about Weight Watchers and how it's helped other friends of mine reach their weight-loss goals. You can do it!

pink is the new black said...

ok, seriously...I have friends like your Noelle and whatever is all I have to say to them...whatever! You are so beautiful and it will come, it will come...on a similar note...what do you have going on in August that you have to work towards? Hmm...now that's got me curious...

Rebekah said...

It's Jer's 30th birthday in August. We want to be "thinner" by then.

Julie said...

At least you have boobs. that's all. bye.

no for real...you can do it, R!