Friday, May 9, 2008

9:45 Questions

Last night we joyfully celebrated the end of the soccer season with a party at Chuck E. Cheese. For those of you groaning right now at your memories of CEC---I am right there with you. I hate that place. Kids love it. Adults hate it. And yet, we keep subjecting ourselves to terrible pizza and an overcrowded game room that is teeming with germs and possible child abductions. But, I digress.....

I left Chris and the boys at the party at 7 p.m. so I could get Mary in bed. The boys arrive home around 8 and Chris reinstates himself as my knight in shining armour. He has gone to Chick-Fil-A to buy real food for me and him to eat since, although we paid for it all, we won't eat CEC pizza.

After dinner we quickly plunk the boys into a bath to attempt to wash off the inevitable cold viruses, stomach flu, and pink eye that they have unknowingly contracted while having a great time at the party. We get them into bed around 8:45 (lots of scrubbing in the tub).

Fast forward to 9:45. It's quiet in our house. Chris and I are watching our TiVoed Office episode and down the stairs comes Luke. Here's how the conversation goes---by the way, background info on Luke is that he LOVES bandaids and tries to find anything on himself that warrants one.

L: "Hey Mommy, I got a question for you."
M: "OK, what is it?"
L: "What color is a scab?"
M: "Brown."
L: "Great. OK, Daddy, this one is for you. What color is a boo boo?"
D: "Red."
L: "OK, then what is this?"

At this point he shows us a red mark on his leg that probably once had a scab on it but doesn't anymore and isn't bleeding but still has that pink tint to it.

M: "That is a boo boo that once had a scab but now it is all better. Get in bed."
L: "OK."

Then he walks to the bottom of the stairs, makes his fingers in the shape of a gun, and does that funny gun point shake thing and says, "See ya later" then walks up the stairs and into his bedroom.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Luke is such a big boy now. Agh! I hope he never gets too big to give his Aunt Sarah a kiss. I love that boy.

Jennifer said...

Don't you love the questions that come out of your own kids mouths? Karsen never ceases to amaze me with her queries!
PS - CEC is more tolarable now that they offer beer again. I don't know how you feel about that, but I am not ashamed to admit that it is the only way I can tolerate a trip to that evil place.

Rebekah said...

Jennifer--HA!!! I think I need to take up drinking then.

pink is the new black said...

Two things: Sarah, he won't because just this morning my 13 year old cousin Ely held my hand on our way out of church...it was so sweet and so is he.
2nd thing: Rebekah, I'm just cracking up and saying to myself, at least he did pop a cap in yo head, fo real...ha ha, my ghetto had to come out there for a second...and I'm with your friend Jennifer...I'm going to have to drink the next time I go to that place...thankfully we've only been there once, yes, thank you very much, once...do I get a prize? Can I at least get a witness???