Thursday, May 29, 2008

Isaac the Robot

Isaac is our funny one. He is the typical middle child seeking attention and trying to make everyone laugh. He is also small so that makes him even more funny.
The other day we were picking up the downstairs living room and Isaac was doing his usual--the I'll move around so you think I'm working but I'm really just picking stuff up and putting it back down again. Chris catches on and tells Isaac to get moving. Here's the conversation that followed:

Isaac: Daddy, I have a switch on my back that makes me move really fast and pick stuff up.

Daddy: Really? Well, turn it on and let's go.

Isaac: I can't. It's broken. (pretends to flip a switch up and down on his back then shrugs his shoulders)

Daddy: I have a Mr. Pop fixer that can make it work. (Mr. Pop is our wooden spoon used for spanks--admittedly hasn't been used in a loooongg time which is probably why Isaac showed no fear. Chris taps Isaac on the arm with Mr. Pop.)

Isaac: That made it work a little bit. (fiddles with "switch") Nope. Still broken.

Daddy: Here. Let me try that again a little harder. (walks toward Isaac)

Isaac: It's working! (flips switch, makes engine noise, picks up toy and runs upstairs)



2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness...I love that boy!!!

Jennifer said...

I love that you use a wooden spoon! Me, too. My friend uses a paint stir stick from Home Depot. When one wears out or the lose it, they make a BIG deal about going to Home Depot to get a new one!