Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Homebound

Luke has pink eye. http://www.kidshealth.org/parent/infections/eye/conjunctivitis.html

It is brutal. Not on him, but on me.

I have been home with a perfectly fine feeling 6-year old for 3 days now---plus a 4-year old and 5 month old. But, we can't go out to shop or see friends or family because of the darn pink eye. Highly contagious. So, that means that I was out of the house for about 20 minutes on Sunday, 3 hours on Monday, and 10 minutes today. (Yes, on Mother's Day I was home and not at church enjoying the celebration of all things mothers. My husband made up for it though by letting me take a nap that afternoon while he wrangled kids.)

Luke is happy as a clam to play all day in the play room and come downstairs for the occasional snack, meal, and TV time. I, however, enjoy the days he is at school for 3 hours and the house is minus a kid. I am getting a big preview of what the 3 months of summer are going to be for me and I'm starting to cry.

3 comments:

emily said...

I can't even imagaine the 3-kids-in-your-house-at-one-time mentality. I go a bit batty when Jeremy is at work on Wed/Thurs nights and I'm home alone with a single toddler.

pink is the new black said...

oh girl...bless you child, bless you...we'll just need to plan many play dates and hang out together...we got a new "pool" for the backyard so we'll stick that out there and the big kids can run in the slip'n'slide and pool and swing set and the little ones can crawl on a blankie and you and I can sip (spiked) sweet teas...ah, perfect..oh crap, nevermind, that will NEVER happen...but you can still come over:)

Julie said...

GIRL! Bless your heart! you need a DRINK! lol. Maybe we can hook up and cheers (and mourn) the summer months that are coming. I"m with ya, sister.