Saturday, August 23, 2008

Well, that was short lived....

Don't faint as I start my story.

So, today I was dusting my dresser. (I know.)

And Isaac started playing with a little music box on my dresser. Here's how our conversation went:

Luke: Where is that music box from?
Mommy: Daddy's grandma. She died before you were born but we saved it for Isaac.
Luke: Grandma? Like Daddy's mommy?
Mommy: No, Daddy's grandma. You didn't ever meet her. She is Paco's mommy. (yep, we call Chris's dad Paco)
Luke: Do you think Paco misses his mommy?
Mommy: Oh, I bet so.
Luke: Why?
Mommy: Well, wouldn't you miss me if I died?
Luke: No. Because then I'd go live with Uncle Jer-Bear and I could watch Star Wars whenever I wanted to.

So, it was a good thing I got breakfast-in-bed yesterday because otherwise I'd be a basketcase today.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

So Luke has read your Will? He knows he's stuck with us if you die early? No more plane rides for you...I don't want to have to watch Star Wars all the time if they come live with me.

The Robertson Family said...

Bongo wants to go live with Jer-Bear, too.

Leesa said...

Well, at least he knows the plan. :)