Friday, August 22, 2008

Reborn Mommy


This morning I woke up to my 4-year old Isaac bringing a tray into my room and putting it over my legs while I was still in bed. He then ran out of the room as fast as his little legs could carry him and brought in another tray and put it up on Chris's side of the bed. I sat up and got my wits about me. "What in the world are the boys doing?" So, I got out of bed and peeked out of my door to see my 1st grader Luke screwing the top on a sippy cup. Next to him was the carton of chocolate milk. I quickly ran to get back in bed. Just then Luke walked in with a sippy cup of milk and a Cheerios cereal bar for both me and Chris. Smiling from ear to ear he said, "I just saw on Arthur a mommy who was all by herself so her kids made her breakfast." It was the sweetest thing I have ever had done for me.

Don't you think that God revives you just when you need it most? Just when you think you are at the end of your rope, He sends someone to bring you a sippy cup of milk to give you just a little bit more strength. I am reminded today that God wants us to enjoy the simple things in life and that He is always there to give us refreshment. My boys showed me a bit of Jesus's love today and I will never forget it.

4 comments:

pink is the new black said...

Bek, that's the sweetest thing I've heard all day long...after a day when we "discuss" (which really means disagree) and go over and over again how to help kids that need it and don't ultimately say anything we didn't say 500 times before, that is absolutely what I needed to hear...Rebekah, I need that sippy cup of milk right now as I sit at my desk instead of at home with my babies...crying, longing for that cup...thanks girlie...miss you...you're going to have a 1st grader!

The Robertson Family said...

Aw. Wow, that is a great story! Very touching.

Now I gotta go find that Arthur show on video for Rob and Tate to watch...

KJ Druyvesteyn said...

Great...here I sit crying because that is just the SWEETEST thing ever! Very, very cute.

Leesa said...

What a sweet boy!!