Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Bum leg

So, Mary started "crawling" this week--she's 8 months old. Sorry, Landon. And her method of crawling has me laughing. Both my boys started army crawling at 6 months and then moved right into regular crawls. Not Mary. She has been rolling all over tarnation for about 4 months now. For about the last month she has mastered the roll over and then sit up movement, which gets her just about wherever she needs to go. Now she gets up on all fours and moves hand, hand, leg, and then you would suspect the next movement to be leg, but she keeps one leg folded and just drags it. It's like she's been wounded in battle and is dragging the bum leg behind her. It gets her real frustrated and is rather funny. Anyway, I count it as crawling and I would post a video of it but Big Guy hasn't taught me how to do that yet.

5 comments:

The Robertson Family said...

go mary!! tate used to have a gimpy leg, too. it always bothered bongo that i called it "gimpy." i guess that's why 'gimpy' didn't make his list of favorite words. it's on my list and, now, so is 'bum,' in honor of mary. (in honor of mary's bum leg...not saying mary is a bum!)

Rebekah said...

So funny that you said "gimpy". I was going to use that term but didn't know if it was some sort of slang for something dirty (my mom and her 24/7 has me always on my toes) so I didn't. Ha!

KJ Druyvesteyn said...

We want video! We want video!

(Seriously, next to the icon of where you click to add a picture is the button for uploading video--totally easy). So, I anxiously await the video...

And just today Landon has been doing a weird crawl. It's like he doesn't want to use his knees anymore and just tried to use his hands and feet--but that gets him frustrated. I was thinking about showing everyone and blogging about it if I can get a video of it. Stay tuned...

Leesa said...

Go, Mary!!! We at least need a picture.

Sarah said...

We need a video...then teach me how. I have a funny video of the Margs on our way to go get ice cream and Jer hasn't helped me upload it yet. Ho hum.