Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Booger Collection

As promised....

A couple weeks ago Luke got up to go to the bathroom after I put him in bed. I stood at the door of the bathroom to make sure no tomfoolery would happen. As he was walking out he paused, reversed course, and picked something up off the counter.

Mommy: "What is that?"
Luke: "Nothing."
Mommy: "What is that?"
Luke: "A booger."
Mommy: "GROSS! Throw that in the trashcan! That is disusting! Why did you pick up a booger off the counter?"
Luke: (whining) "This is a good one! I need it for my Booger Collection!"
Mommy: "WHAT?! No, throw it in the trash. You have a booger collection??? That is gross! Where is it?"
Luke: "I just started it. This is big booger and I want to keep it."
Mommy: "NO! THROW IT AWAY!!"

Luke begrudgingly throws the booger away.

Mommy: "And if I EVER find a booger collection in this house you will be in big trouble."

7 comments:

pink is the new black said...

seriously, that's disgusting, ugh

emily said...

looks like you've got a scientist in the making...

Sarah said...

I will show him how to adequately preserve them and display them. We'll need cardstock and scotch tape. I've never saved boogers before...but I really believe my method will work. We will also need an Ultra Fine Tip Sharpie for labeling purposes. Look out world!! We've got a Booger Collection to start!!

KJ Druyvesteyn said...

LMAO...for real! LOVE IT! Might I add that you are a MEAN MOMMY for not allowing the booger collection? I kind of want you to let him start it and then you could POST A PICTURE!!! What'cha think?

As a former nose picker (yep, back when I was 6 or 7 or so), I have a story to share:

One night, my sister and I were laying in our twin beds in our shared room (the room was fairly large and the beds were on total opposite sides of the room). I had picked my nose and flung the booger in the darkness. All of a sudden, my sister was like "GROSS! A BOOGER just landed on my face!" Of course my stomach sank b/c she might (!) know it was me (I mean, SERIOUSLY, what are the chances it would land on her face? It was a LARGE room and she was on the OPPOSITE end of it! Couldn't she have fallen asleep already, at least?) So I said "WHAT? A BOOGER? That is weird! Are you sure?" I denied it the whole week.

The Robertson Family said...

ROTFLMAO at this story and at Kim's story. Kim -- have you ever told your sister the truth?!?!

KJ Druyvesteyn said...

Yeah, I fessed up a few years ago. I was laughing so hard I could barely confess....might I add, she didn't think it was any funnier this many years later.....

Kathryn said...

As a mother of 2 boys, this makes me laugh out loud. So funny!!!!