Sunday, October 5, 2008

Craft Fair

Well, I did my first craft fair this weekend. To protect myself from being picked up by other bloggers who hated this craft fair I will keep the name a secret. But, I will tell you that it SUCKED! AUGH!

1. We were up on a stage, 4 feet higher than the floor.
2. We were at the BACK of the stage with hardly any light.
3. The booth in front of us had a 6 foot high shelving system packed with bags that extended almost the entire length of the stage and completely blocked any and all view of us.
4. We were next to a health food dealer and the other side was a chiropractor. Fun.
5. The health food dealer had such a bad attitude about their booth being in the back and being blocked that they were talking trash about the event to us on Saturday for 7 hours straight. In fact, the woman health food dealer got into a fight with the promotor and the police were called.

On the positive side, a booth on the floor in a prime spot left on Saturday because she wasn't making any sales. My friend Priscilla and I swooped in and took her spot and doubled our orders today not to mention got away from the angry lady up on the stage.

All in all we didn't make our entry fee back in sales but we met some nice people and hopefully will get some sales from that.

Of course, the highlight of my two days was when my friend Jenny showed up with Tate!!

Oh! And Tate did the nastiest toot ever. It was foul. Guess Bongo was right.

5 comments:

The Robertson Family said...

I can vouch for all of the above! Especially the Tate toot part. We've started calling him "Tooter" instead of "Tater." I also have a theory that it wasn't Tate but it was actually the vendor with all the bags...he was standing near us at the time. He seemed like the type of person who would cut one and let everyone else think it was the baby.

Rebekah said...

I concur. Bag man could have stunk it up. (BTW, I love that you said "cut one" because that is what my dad says!)

KJ Druyvesteyn said...

Hmmmm....must have missed my invite to the craft fair.

BTW--my husband is the type to cut one and blame it on Landon. Sheesh....I married "one of those."

pink is the new black said...

ok, me too...where was my invite? Bek, give...tell us where it was...I've had my share of sucky craft fairs too, SUCK!

Sarah said...

This posting makes me sad. I want everyone to want to come by and see your booth. I bet it was sweet. And by sweet...I mean awesome.