Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Oh Isaac

Here's another one for your anthology of Isaac stories:

It was beautiful weather on Monday so I decided to walk to Luke's elementary school to pick him up at 3 p.m. It happened to be a Grace Sprouts preschool day so Isaac had not taken a nap that day. No worries, he seemed happy and joyfully pulled out his little tricycle to ride the 1/4 mile trip to the school. I loaded up Mary in her stroller, put Luke's scooter and helmet in the basket and we started off.

Isaac rode his little legs off for the first 5 minutes. Then, in an instant, his legs could go on no longer. He screamed. He stopped moving. He cried, "Why did you make me ride my bike?" I screamed. I pushed his bike with the stroller. I cried, "Get moving."

At one point Isaac pedaled into the middle of the street and stopped and cried. I kept on moving. That didn't work.

As we neared the school cross walk I stopped to talk to one of the first grade teachers. I said, "If a mom ever asks you if it is a good idea to take a 4-year old out for a walk when he hasn't had a nap, please tell her 'no'. " To which the teacher replied, "I'd never take my 4-year old out without a nap. That's crazy."

Thanks.

7 comments:

KJ Druyvesteyn said...

So, just to clarify...you left him in the middle of the street on his bike?

Geez, I would scream too.

Jennifer said...

Don't you hate when they call you on the whole, "I don't mind leaving you right there, Mister!" trick. That sucks.

Rebekah said...

KJ--yup. In the middle of the street. I was playing the "he'll come because he doesn't want me to leave him" card. He trumped me with the "I'm 4-years old" card.

pink is the new black said...

dang it...Gwen already has that card...what am I going to do when she's actually 4 and has more than one of those cards! Dang it! Yeah,that teacher should have known better than to say that...she should have understood taht you needed woman support not "I told you so" whatever, its Friday and I'm loving it.

Unknown said...

Rebekah, my Mommy would like to know how you got that slick background on your blog. Mommy is sick of the Blogger template I am currently sporting on my blog.

Unknown said...

Rebekah, please pardon my last post. I just saw "The Cutest Blog" icon on your blog. Perhaps Mommy has something to do with herself today at work now that she knows where to download fun backgrounds. Not that she doesn't have plenty of work to do, Bongo Tomfoolery. She does.

The Robertson Family said...

i love me some isaac stories!!!