Thursday, June 12, 2008

And the Best Uncle Award goes to.......


Last night was a special night for Luke. Now that he is 6 years old he is old enough to watch Star Wars. His Uncle Jeremy is a HUGE Star Wars fan and has been waiting to share this movie with Luke for some time now. (I am a bit overprotective and have kept Luke's movie viewing to all animated movies until now---well, except Lion King because that is so scary!)

Luke and Daddy met up at Uncle Jer Bear's (family name for Jeremy---if you repeat it to him we'll have to kick you in the shins) house. When they arrived, Uncle Jeremy had purchased a Star Wars action figure set for Luke. He said that you can't watch Star Wars without a Hans Solo so he had gone out searching for this set. Luke is now the very proud owner of a Dark (Darth) Vader, Princess Lea, Bobofet, Chewbaca, and Hans Solo. Forgive me if I spelled any of those names wrong but I haven't ever seen the movies. I was Princess Lea for Halloween once but only because I had long hair and it could be put in buns.

Anyway, the boys got home around 10:30 p.m. which is a treat for Luke since he is normally in bed between 7:30 and 8 p.m. I get him situated in bed and he is all excited and telling me every detail he can remember from the movie. Here's the conversation:

Mommy: Luke, you've got to calm down and go to sleep. It is late.
Luke: I know Mommy. I just love that movie so much. I saw Star Wars 4.
Mommy: I am glad you liked it. Are you going to dream about it tonight?
Luke: I sure hope so.

Luke has the best Uncle ever.

Now, Isaac is sooo wanting to be 6 years old so he can watch the movie too!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I have to add my side of this info for the posting...Jeremy was SOOOOOO excited to have this special night with Luke. Jeremy is a Star Wars fan--but not the kind of fan that like dresses up as a character and stands in line for two weeks in order to be the first one in the theater. In other words, he has a healthy love, appreciation, and knowledge of Star Wars, but has also been able to be married and have a normal life (which is more than I can say for the hard-core fans, if you know what I mean). Jer is so proud of his little Lukey and is very excited for Star Wars 5, 6, 1, 2, and 3. :c)