Tuesday, June 3, 2008

1st Grader

Luke's last day of Kindergarten was today. I remember taking him to school on that first day and being so nervous for him. He had told me the night before that he was scared because he didn't have any friends. We prayed that God would give him a friend and I told him that his very best friend was Jesus and He was always going to be with him. I remember walking behind his class down to his classroom that first morning and feeling like I wasn't sure he (I) could handle all this.

Today he came bounding out of the door of the school with a huge smile and hug for me. He has done such a great job in school this year and thoroughly enjoys it. It has been both a challenge and a fun time for him. He is reading so well (thank you Aunt Sarah) and loves to draw and write. He had great friends from great families. His teacher has been firm with the class and expects a lot out of them. This was a perfect fit for Luke.

I walked behind him again today, on his last day of school, as he rode his scooter back home. He screamed goodbye to his friends sitting in the car pool line and ran back inside to hug his teacher. I am grateful for Jesus being his best friend and watching over him this year. Luke isn't my little Kindergartener anymore, he is my big 1st grader.

1 comment:

pink is the new black said...

OK, not nice! You almost made me cry!!! That's the sweetest thing ever...just love it! Congrats Bek, I'm so proud of you! Luke and Isaac and M-dawg are sure very very blessed with an amazing mommy like you! I'm blessed by an amazing friend like you too...hey, can Sarah tutor Gwenie?