Saturday, April 2, 2011

Chocolate Sheet Cake

I made it. It uses a POUND of butter--real butter. You pour a mixture of 1/2 a pound of butter and a pound of powdered sugar over the top when it comes out of the oven. Good heavens. I keep going over and admiring it on the counter. I predict I can last one more hour before a little square is removed for tasting. I'll do like my dad does: cut a piece and then shave the edges of the cake for a little more. No one ever notices.

Yum. Now that I've done 3 recipes out of the Pioneer Woman's Cookbook I figure I am semi-pioneer now. I purchased a cast iron skillet and a pie dish today. I wore an apron when making the cake. I am domestic.

1 comment:

The Robertson Family said...

Yum! You are inspiring me to try this whole "cooking" concept, too. In a few months. After the baby is here. Once a routine is established. And I shoudl probably wait until she can eat solid foods to make it more worth my time. In fact, I think I'll wait until she can talk so I'll know just what she likes so then I know my work will be appreciated. So yes -- I am totally on the bandwagon in about 2-3 years!