Friday, December 12, 2008

End of an era

I thought I would be really sad about today, but, surprisingly I am not. I guess I am ready to start a new time for our family of "big kid" time. I know that Mary still has some catching up to do to the boys but I look forward to the next chapter of our family. I love having a baby in the house but I truly feel God has blessed our family with the exact right children at the exact right time. It's my dream family. And, the boys could not possibly love anyone more than they love little Mary.

So, it's the end of an era for the Ourslers but the beginning of a great new one as well. I am thankful for my wonderful husband and his willingness to do this today. He's a trooper. I have frozen peas waiting for him when he returns.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Snip. Snip. Any good pain-med-induced funny stories from him?

Rebekah said...

not a one. I tried to get him to take two pain meds, knowing that would inspire some ramblings, but he held me off. too bad.

KJ Druyvesteyn said...

Yes, you are leaving the world of spit up on your shoulder,big diaper bags, and wiping butts. Look back with nostalgia but the next time you see me and my hair is a disaster and I have a glob of "something" on my shoulder, breathe a sigh of relief.

pink is the new black said...

Ah, Bek...the Ourslers are officially "done" I never thought I'd see the day...so, what's your vote? Should the Lindblooms travel on to 3? or stick it with 2? hmm....is it the same kind of question as how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsiepop?

Unknown said...

Mommy and Daddy constantly talk about how they already miss the first few weeks when I came home from the hospital! Time goes too darn fast when you're alive. Thanks for your sweet response about Great Grandmother.