Sunday, March 15, 2009

Nice try

Today we camped out at my parents' house while the tile guys tore up our hardwood floors. On a side note, I hate tearing up hardwood floors. Anyway, as we were getting ready to leave, Luke asked if he could borrow some toys from Poppy and Nana to take home.

Luke: Mommy, I'm going to take this dinosaur home.
Me: No, Luke. We have plenty of dinosaurs of our own. Leave that one here.
Luke: Nana said I could take it.
Me: No, Luke. I don't care what Nana said. I said "No".
Luke: Well, Nana is older than you so you have to obey her.
Me: Nice try. No.

We did not come home with the dinosaur.

6 comments:

pink is the new black said...

way to stand your ground girl...this is what I'm going to be hearing in a matter of years...Gwen WILL have that kind of logic...ugh

The Robertson Family said...

I think you have a future lawyer on your hands. It's always good to have a lawyer in the family. My Dad isn't a lawyer, but I sometimes will off-handedly refer to "my father the lawyer" if someone is giving me trouble. You know, like if they say "no I can't give you that refund, it's past 30 days" and I'll say "hmm, that's funny because my father, whose a lawyer, said he was able to get a refund after 30 days." And presto -- money back on the card. And think how much more I could get if he really WERE a lawyer....so all that to say that I think you should encourage this streak in Luke.....

The Robertson Family said...

ahem, I should have said, "my father, WHO'S a lawyer..." instead of "WHOSE a lawyer." How embarrassing.

Rebekah said...

Obviously it isn't "my father, who's an English teacher."

KJ Druyvesteyn said...

Seriuously Jenny, so embarassing. I reaelly wood be dieing if I were yoo. I cann't stand it when peeple make gramer mystakes.

Sarah said...

Margaret wanted some jelly beans at our house the other day and I had already told her, "No." I knew Nana was coming over in a bit...so the next time she asked I said, "Why don't you just wait until your Nana comes over...you always get what you want when you ask Nana." Within the first 5 minutes of Nana being over...Margaret was munching on jelly beans. That girl understands more than she lets on.